Sunday, August 7, 2016

Trying to get Fit - Week 6 - I'm getting a hold of it there!

Weight - 150.6

I'm patting myself on the back! It's not much, but I did manage to work out twice this past week!
I also went to a concert that required a lot of walking in this Texas heat, so I think that helped as well to lose at least a pound. I'm counting it as a victory!
Even the smallest ones are, yes?

I did, however, eat a lot of crap food. Lots of fast food, and nachos.
Another thing I have to work on is tracking my food actually. A lot of the stuff I eat isn't already in the tracker so it's a guessing game some times but I did add the recipes of the food I make from Budget Bytes. A lot of what I've made is amazing and I have a private Pintrest menu to keep me organized on what I'm buying and making.
I don't think I've cook in almost a week though and I really should at some point today. Maybe for dinner, as I'll be hanging out with a friend so I'll likely be eating lunch out.

I'll be making Mango Coconut Tofu Bowls. I'm not a big fan of Coconut, so I'm a bit nervous of trying it out but it's healthy as far as I can see.
I'll also be making meatloaf some time this week, but it's not what you think! It's tasty and it's my mother's recipe. I usually have to sit down and keep myself entertained when I'm having to crush the saltine crackers and I just had a silly thought! I have a food processor! Why have I not used that so I cut down the time!?
I'm not sure if it'll work, but I'm sure going to try. Having to sit there doing that about an hour or so before I'm actually going to cook is a bit annoying. My Mom did it though! She had rare appliances. Or if she did, she barely used them. I think the blender I have is actually hers that I didn't even know was ever in her kitchen. The only one that was ever used was the microwave.

Me, I have a rice cooker, a microwave, a food processor and a blender. All which I use at some point that do not go unnoticed. The rice cooker is also a food steamer and, if I wanted to, I could use it to actually make meals. I think the rice bucket is actually for that but I don't remember. I bought it about a year or two ago I think and it's holding strong!

How did I get started on talking about kitchen appliances?

Well, this week I'm going to try for one more day of working out, and adding strength training to my routine and get the muscles coming in as well!
My roommate has been doing amazing with hers and is getting some wonderful definition in her arms! I'm so proud of her!

I need to fit in three days this week at the very least, and at the most, five, but it seems as I'm trying to do this, I'm getting busy with social things, which is a nice change from being home all the time so I haven't got too much to complain about.
I think I'll be taking a picture next week and then when I lose about ten pounds, take another picture for progress.

Oh! A wonderful thing happened to me this morning! I was naked, and looking in the mirror, turned and said, "Not bad." I really don't know where this confidence is coming from that is happening but it's wonderful and it's making me very happy.
The end goal is to just get fit and healthy. My weight is more of a problem for my body and I have to take care of it. My family has all been overweight and has a myriad of health issues, and I need to do what I can to try and stay away from getting anything that I know I can prevent.
I gotta make a list and research at some point soon so I don't suffer the same. I do love my family though, because they're wonderful. (At least the ones I talk to but that's a private story.) I just don't want their health problems.

But I'll get there, I just have to push myself, but not too hard at first. Just enough.

Here's hoping for a pound or two next week!

-Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment